- April 7, 2016 @ 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Rescheduled to Thursday, April 7th from 1-4 pm at the Durham Town Hall
The Agricultural Outreach Coordinator with the SVCA and MVCA has been tasked with developing a series of workshops on promoting agricultural best management practices within the SVCA and MVCA areas. There is a strong focus on soil phosphorus management as well as general soil health. There are many cost-share opportunities farmers can access through this program. The intent of this event is to inform farmers of these opportunities.
1) Lois Sinclair will speak on the GLASI cost-share opportunities.
2) SVCA staff will present some other internal incentive programs for cover cropping.
3) Tentative: Certified Crop Advisors (CCAs) will touch on their experiences with the Farmland Health Checkup process and the 10 BMP categories eligible for cost-share.
4) Q/A period and open time for farmers and CCAs to connect.