Thank you for considering Howick Township as a prospective employer.
This page board provides municipal job opportunities for full-time, part-time, casual and student jobs.
Howick Township is a balance of rural and agricultural communities – we provide great opportunities to contribute to a unique community while enjoying a rewarding work environment. Current employment opportunities and job descriptions will be listed below if any are available.
If there are no links displayed, there are currently no employment opportunities available.
Volunteer Firefighters Needed – Howick (Gorrie Station)
Interested in helping your community? Looking to join a team of dedicated professionals helping neighbours in emergency situations? The Howick Township Fire Dept has openings for firefighters, responding from the Gorrie station.
• At least 18 years of age, graduated grade 12 or equivalent
• Live within 10kms of the fire station in Gorrie
• Good communication skills
• Willing to learn, understand and follow the Departments Standard Operating Guidelines and Health & Safety Policy
• Willing to learn, take direction, & perform multi tasks, including physically & mentally demanding work, in all types of weather day or night
• Ability to take charge when required, or directed to do so
• Must exhibit a good working relationship with peers
The successful candidate(s) will provide:
- MTO drivers abstract, and possess a valid Class G license & a reliable vehicle available 24/7
• Provide a police records check
• Provide a Doctor’s Medical Fitness Report
Within the first year will have or obtain:
A DZ driver license, and Standard First Aid, HCP level CPR with AED
Interested applicants will apply in writing to the Fire Chief by: Dec 29 2017
Township of Howick
44816 Harriston Road
For a complete job description please contact the Fire Chief.
The Township of Howick is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. We thank all applicants for their interest and only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Information is collected solely for the purpose of job selection under the provisions of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.