Do you know a young person who is active in their community, engaged in current issues, or would be a great voice for other youth? Please encourage them to apply to be a member of the Premier's Council on Youth Opportunities!
What is the PCYO?
The Premier's Council on Youth Opportunities is a 25-member group of youth, young professionals and leaders, ages 16 to 25. The Council gives advice to the government of Ontario on youth issues and how the government can improve programs and services for youth.
This is an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of Ontario youth! Council members provide advice and input to the Ontario government on how to improve our programs and services for youth so that young people in Ontario have every opportunity to succeed. Council members also talk to youth in their home communities to bring even more voices to government. Council members meet approximately six times a year. Travel costs are covered and a per diem is provided.
How to apply
To be considered for membership in the 2018-'19 PCYO, submit your application directly on the Public Appointments Secretariat (PAS) website by January 19, 2018. You will need an up-to-date resumé to complete your application.
Applications for future cohorts are accepted year-round.
Apply by January 19, 2018
If you have any questions about the application process, or would like to contact the PCYO, email PCYO@ontario.ca.
Submitting an application for the Premier's Council on Youth Opportunities: Step by Step
Apply by January 19, 2018 to be considered for the 2018-'19 PCYO!
Applying to the Premier's Council on Youth Opportunities is a four-step process. Visit the Public Appointments Secretariat to apply and have your resumé ready.
Step 1 – Contact Information
• Complete your contact information in this section.
Step 2 – Selecting the PCYO Application Form
• Find the “Premier's Council on Youth Opportunities” under the “Agencies List.”
• Make sure you click “Add Selected Agency.”
• A new box will pop up, and in the “Position” drop-box, select “Member (Part-time)” and click “Next Step.”
Step 3 – Tell us about yourself
• Pull out your resumé to help you fill out Step #3. This step asks about your education, employment experience and community work.
The PAS uses a standard form for all applications, so don't worry if you don't have experience in all of these areas.
We encourage you to use the “Additional Information” section to tell us more about yourself. You could tell us why you are interested in the PCYO, what you would bring to the Council, or what you are passionate about. This really helps us to learn more about you and how you might help to amplify the voices of youth in your community!
Step 4 – Review and Submit
• Review your application summary. This is your last chance to make edits.
• Once you have reviewed your application, click “Submit.”
• Your application is now complete. You can also print a copy of the form.
Thank you for your interest in the Premier's Council on Youth Opportunities. Those selected for an interview will be contacted in February 2018.