Thank you for considering Howick Township as a prospective employer.
This page board provides municipal job opportunities for full-time, part-time, casual and student jobs.
Howick Township is a balance of rural and agricultural communities – we provide great opportunities to contribute to a unique community while enjoying a rewarding work environment. Current employment opportunities and job descriptions will be listed below if any are available.
If there are no links displayed, there are currently no employment opportunities available.
Part Time Landfill Site Attendant
The Township of Howick is currently seeking an enthusiastic, team-oriented part time Landfill Site Attendant. This is a hourly position under the supervision of the Landfill Site Foreman. The normal hours of work are Wednesdays 9 am till 4 pm. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Landfill Site Foreman in the day to day operations of the Howick landfill site.
As a Landfill Site Attendant, you will:
• Direct patrons to the appropriate stations at the site and ensure that only appropriate items are placed in their designated areas (e.g.) only scrap steel placed in the scrap steel pile
• Ensure that only residents of Howick Township use the site
• Be responsible to open and close the site at appropriate hours for access by the public
• Observe all health and safety practices in accordance with established policies and procedures
• Deal courteously and tactfully with the public
• Perform other related duties as directed by the Landfill Site Foreman or the Operations Manager
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Strong customer service skills
• CPR, First Aid, WHMIS, propane handling
• Knowledge of landfill operations
• Ability to communicate effectively with the public is an asset
Note: different combinations of education and experience may be considered.
The current salary range for the position is $14.56 to $18.19/hr
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a complete resume and cover letter detailing education, experience and references to the undersigned. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Clerk Carol Watson
44816 Harriston Road, RR 1
Gorrie, ON N0G 1X0
Phone (519) 335-3208 ext 2, Fax (519) 335-6208, email email@example.com
The Township of Howick is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. We thank all applicants for their interest and only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Information is collected solely for the purpose of job selection under the provisions of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.