Huron-Perth, ON –Huron Perth Public Health is opening up COVID-19 vaccine appointments to adults aged 80 and older, and Indigenous adults aged 55 and older. An appointment can be booked online at http://www.hpph.ca/vaccine or by calling 1-833-753-2098. If you have an OHIP card, please have it ready.
The Health Unit asks people to book their appointment online if they are able, or have a caregiver who can help them book online, since phone lines are very busy.
If you call, please listen to the recording and wait to be connected to a scheduler. The phone line will be open today as of 2:30 p.m. and from then on will be staffed 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The line will also be staffed Saturday, March 6 and Sunday, March 7. There will be an option to leave a message so that a scheduler can return your call.
Appointments are for clinics over the next few weeks in several locations across Huron-Perth, including Goderich and Stratford as well as rotating across municipalities in Huron and Perth. This is in keeping with the Huron-Perth model of bringing vaccines to people as much as possible.
As we receive more vaccine supply, additional appointments will be available.
Please note that caregivers and spouses who are under 80 years of age are not eligible for the vaccine at this time. Only those who are part of an eligible group are able to book an appointment for their vaccine.
Eligible groups for first-dose vaccination
• Staff and essential caregivers in long-term care homes, retirement homes, and any residents of these settings that have not yet received a first dose of vaccine.
• Alternative level of care patients in hospitals who have a confirmed admission to a long-term care home, retirement home or other congregate care home for seniors.
• "Highest Priority" health care workers, followed by some "Very High Priority" health care workers.
• Residents and staff in other congregate care settings for seniors, including assisted living facilities.
• Adults over the age of 80 (born in 1941 or earlier)
• Indigenous adults aged 55 and older (born in 1966 or earlier)
Eligible health care workers are being contacted directly and will receive booking directions from their employer.
We know that many people are eager to be vaccinated and we ask for everyone’s patience. Remember that once HPPH announces that you are eligible for the vaccine, you are always eligible; you will not miss your chance to be vaccinated as there will be more opportunities.